Monday, January 13, 2014

3D Printing

I have jumped into 3D printer and I am really excited.  So far it has been incredible highs and lows.  I knew I wanted to do this but I also knew I didn't want to spend a huge amount of money.  Especially since my hobbies ebb and flow.

For about two weeks I wandered around the internet comparing 3D printers.  There are so many, with varying prices and features and I had absolutely no idea what I was getting into.

I landed on this printer, the ORD Hadron.  It looked like a really interesting and I will admin stylish design.  The design is also open source so it can be improved upon without a royalty.

The ORD Hadron is just a frame and did not come with any electronics or extruder.

I then purchased this electronics package which includes the driver boards and stepper motors.

For the extruder I purchase QU-BD MBE v9, link intentionally not included.  My advice is do not buy this extruder, it will cause you nothing but heart ache and pain.  If you already purchased this extruder I will go into how to fix it in another post.

Pictures of my printer and all it's parts

An updated picture with the new tension arm and nameplate.

No comments:

Post a Comment